Rainy days are often dreary, but not in these photographs! 25-year-old Morten Nordstrøm is inspired by the small pools of mirrored water covering the streets after a storm. In his collection, World Seen Through My Eyes, the artist documents the world through beautifully crisp, watery reflections.
Based in Copenhagen, the young photographer captures urban life from a unique perspective. He transforms rows of homes, businesses, and bicycles, both in his hometown and in Paris, into rare cityscapes that blur the lines between real and abstract. He finds the beauty in the diagonal lines and geometric shapes prominent throughout the city.
The abstract works are doubly intriguing as viewers are invited to observe the city both right-side up and upside down, and perspective becomes a matter of choice.
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
~ Nelson Mandela
Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
This is the moment I fell in love with Bilbo. Because I understand this expression to the depths of my soul.